Tuesday 19 June 2012

Decisions

Today I crossed the Rubicon.  I went to Gateway to look at shoes.   Then I called to tell Martin I was coming.  He said it was the best news he'd heard all week.  I experienced a surge of excitement when I put down the phone.  Funny enough, everyone I've mentioned it to seems to express huge excitement about it!

On a related note, Kathleen gave me a Father's Day present today - two all-action adventures written by Bear Grylls (Facing Up and Facing the Frozen Ocean) - very much in keeping with it all.

Now I really pray that Mullen will come - and DJ too.  Lord, break Mullen from his cell - breath new purpose into his life.  Inspire him - "in - spire" - put your Spirit into him.  Into me for that matter.  Work a miracle in DJ's heart this week - may Gilmer pronounce life, wholeness and plenty of action packed adventure over his ticker when he goes to see him on Monday.

I am reminded of the verse of a Psalm which appears on a plaque in the observatory up on the Jungfrau Joch

"Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!"
Psalm 66:5


No comments:

Post a Comment