Monday 2 July 2012

Elevations

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.  Psalm 24

OK so this is pretty scary.  In short, I'd better keep my hands clean.  Check out this altitude chart for the Annapurna Circuit:


There are very few places you'll go with these sorts of elevations - to be so consistently high for a week could be a challenge.  Not to mention those bone jarring downhills - check out the drop between day 9 and day 10!!!  And day 13 and day 14!  Going to have to work on those quads for sure.

Tim reckons I need to do som of my walks breathing through a straw.  I've been on the Jungrau Joch 3471m.  Giant's Castle 3315m.  Trail Ridge Road Colorado 3731m.





No comments:

Post a Comment