Saturday 14 July 2012

Progress

Well, after a most uncomfortable week in the quad, hamstring and thigh department I think I am on the mend.  In fact I managed to have a fairly successful Davina session today and while my legs are by no means pain free, it feels as though they are getting stronger.

Here's a bit of blurb about the Annapurna region, courtesy of Wikipedia:

"Annapurna is a section of the Himalayas in north-central Nepal that includes 8,091 m (26,545 ft) Annapurna I, thirteen additional peaks over 7,000 m (22,970 ft) and 16 more over 6,000 m (19,690 ft).  This section is a 55 km-long (34 mi-long) massif. Annapurna I is tenth among Earth's fourteen eight-thousanders. It rises east of the Kali Gandaki Gorge separating it from Dhaulagiri massif. 8167 metre Dhaulagiri I is 34 km to the west and the gorge between is considered Earth's deepest"


Annapurna I was the first 8,000-metre (26,200 ft) peak to be climbed. Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal, of a French expedition led by Maurice Herzog reached the summit on 3 June 1950.  Its summit was the highest summit attained on Earth for three years, until the first successful ascent of Mount Everest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment